Anyhoo... as I was saying. I couldn't help myself so I went back and put in my comments from when I was doing the research for the other post. I wanted that one to be just the voting record without my snarkyshit in it. This one on the other hand...
Senator John McCain voted AGAINST the following amendments:
On Veterans Issues
As much as he spouts on about supporting the troops and supporting veterans he sure has a funny way of showing it… Just sayn’
Tax Rate Extension Amendment - HR 4297 - 02/02/2006
To support the health needs of our veterans and military personnel and reduce the deficit by making tax rates fairer for all Americans.
- $14 billion for the Veterans Benefits Administration for Compensation and Pensions for the years of 2006 through 2010
- $6.9 billion to the Department of Veterans Affairs for the Veterans Health Administration for Medical Care between the years 2006 through 2010
- $1 billion for the establishment of the Veterans Hospital Improvement Fund
- Modifies tax rates on capital gains and dividends
Notice the date on this one. It is before the scandal about Walter Reed Medical Center broke. You think that $1 Billion would have helped Walter Reed improve their facilities and services?
Oh wait. Yeah, that last line there. Soooo cannot have that changed! What would
Additional Funding For Veterans Amendment - S 2020 – 11/17/2005
To provide an additional $500,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2006 through 2010, to be used for readjustment counseling, related mental health services, and treatment and rehabilitative services for veterans with mental illness, post-traumatic stress disorder, or substance use disorder.
Looks like he is saying “screw the mental health of our veterans! PTSD is all in their heads anyway. I survived being a POW, they should be able to suck it up and just deal.” However, I could be wrong…
Health Care for Veterans Amendment - HR 2863 10/05/2005
To ensure that future funding for health care for former members of the Armed Forces takes into account changes in population and inflation.
Oh no! Can’t have health care benefits for vets taking into account inflation. That would be socialized medicine.
On Domestic Security Issues
This one is even better than the shitting on the veterans.
Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 - HR 2082 - 02/13/2008
To authorize appropriations for fiscal year 2008 for intelligence and intelligence-related activities of the United States Government, the Community Management Account, and the Central Intelligence Agency Retirement and Disability System, and for other purposes.
Nope, no need to fund this.
Striking Telecommunications Companies' Civil Immunity for Surveillance - S Amdt 3907 - 02/12/2008 To strike the provisions providing immunity from civil liability to electronic communication service providers for certain assistance provided to the Government.
Can’t have his corporate
Habeas Corpus for Detainees of the United States - S Amdt 2022 - 09/19/2007 To restore habeas corpus for those detained by the United States.
Oh, this would be REALLY dangerous. I mean, what would happen if we actually used the Constitution and rule of law to handle the scarwwy terwwawists??? My god, it would be mayhem and there would be no stopping them after that.
Denying Legal Status for Immigrants Convicted of Certain Crimes - S Amdt 1184 - 06/06/2007 To establish a permanent bar for gang members, terrorists, and other criminals.
Project Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass an amendment that would prohibit undocumented immigrants convicted of aggravated felonies, domestic violence, stalking, violation of protection orders, crimes against children, or crimes relating to the illegal purchase or sale of firearms, from gaining legal status.
So, its ok to have illegal immigrants gain legal status after being convicted of felonies, domestic violence, stalking, etc…?? I guess this explains the choosing of someone who bills rape victims for the cost of the rape kit processing as running mate. Simple minds think alike.
Security of Cargo Containers Amendment - HR 4954 - 09/13/2006 To improve the security of cargo containers destined for the United States. Highlights of Cargo Containers Amendment: Vote to adopt an amendment that requires the Secretary of Homeland Security to develop a plan for guaranteeing 100 percent of all cargo containers that pass through U.S. ports are scanned. The plan must include annual goals for increases in the percentages of cargo being screened.
Securing Cargo Containers just wouldn’t do. Nuh uh. Nope. I mean, “we are never going to let 9/11 happen again” right? “Because we are going to elect a president who knows how to fight the war on terror” right? Right???
National Security Amendment - HR 4954 - 09/12/2006 To provide real national security, restore United States leadership, and implement tough and smart policies to win the war on terror. Amendment Highlights: -Establishes national standards and parameters for First Responder, equipment and training (Sec. 1807 and Sec. 1113) -Sets privacy guidelines for government sharing of personal information (Sec. 1213) -Creates security clearance standards (Sec. 1241) -Calls for an increase of hiring and training of border security personnel (Sec. 2313) -Places a prohibition on war profiteering (Sec. 2402)
I just don’t know where to begin on this one. Hmmm… item one there, First responder equipment and training. That would be like, radios that work right? Not like the radios the firefighters had on 9/11 right?
That third one there, hmmmm, nope. Don’t need security clearance standards. What would we do with those? We just know who to trust.
*Snort* Yeah, that last one there. I am betting that this is why this one got a no vote from Senator McCain.
Disclosure of Classified Information Amendment - HR 2360 - 07/14/2005 To prohibit Federal employees who disclose classified information to persons not authorized to receive such information from holding a security clearance.
This has nothing to do with White House aid indictments. Nothing. Move along….
Corporate Financing of Terrorism Amendment - S 1042 - 07/26/2005
To stop corporations from financing terrorism.
- Allows the President to use his powers under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act or the Trading with the Enemy Act to prohibit U.S. businesses and their subsidiaries from transacting with foreign businesses identified as having links to terrorism
- Forbids U.S. businesses and their subsidiaries from engaging in transactions with any foreign business whose parent country has been identified by the Secretary of State as a supporter of international terrorism
- Requires the President to publish a list of foreign businesses identified as having links to terrorism, and bans U.S. ownership or control of foreign businesses engaged in transactions with such businesses
- Exempts U.S. businesses from prosecution if transactions are terminated within one year after a foreign business is identified as having links to terrorism
- Calls for U.S. businesses to disclose in their annual reports any ownership stake of at least 10 percent in a foreign business that is itself engaging in transactions with a proscribed foreign business
Well, shit! We really cannot have the corporations being accountable for possibly funding terrorism. That will not do!
On Business and Consumer Issues
Price-Gouging During Emergencies Amendment - S 2020 - 11/17/2005
To improve the Federal Trade Commission's ability to protect consumers from price-gouging during energy emergencies, and for other purposes.
- Sets the civil penalty for charging prices grossly above the original price of crude oil, gasoline, or petroleum during a declared state of emergency of no more than $3 million
- Sets the criminal penalty for charging prices grossly above the original price of crude oil, gasoline, or petroleum during a declared state of emergency at a maximum of five years in prison, a $3 million penalty or both
- Authorizes the Federal Trade Commission to enforce this act
Do I really need to say anything on this one??? Yes. Yes I do. Only a total fucking fucktard would vote against this one. Geeez.
More tomorrow. I have already spent waaaaay too much time on putting all of this together and I need some sleep. Thanks to my friend for the "fucking fucktard" line. She says that all the time and I have just been waiting to use it somewhere on this blog.